DUE TO COVID-19 ALL FUNDING APPLICATIONS ARE TEMPORARILY ON HOLD.
The Phoenix Children’s Foundation welcomes funding applications for equipment and therapies including riding lessons for children with special needs. Applications can be submitted by individuals, families and organisations and should be made in writing, with supporting evidence provided at the time of application.
Here are a few guidance notes regarding what we fund/are unable to fund:
• Riding lessons will only be funded if a place has been confirmed at an approved RDA centre or with an approved RDA group and the appropriate assessment has been undertaken by the group.
• We do not fund building works or installation work – our grants are focused on supporting activity and therapy.
• We pay for equipment as long as it is available within a unit i.e. hospital/hospice/school.
• We will offer match funding for personal wheelchairs but will only make payments direct to the suppliers.
• We also do not fund therapy that is available on the NHS.
• Each application is considered on its own merits, and the benefit the child/children would receive from the funding.
• Each application must contain supporting evidence such as RDA assessment, proof of DLA.
• Applications can be submitted at any time of the year, with our Trustees meeting in June and November to consider applications.
The Foundation’s is accepting applications now to be considered for the June 2018 Trustees meeting. Application deadline December 2021
We would ask that applications forms are completed as fully as possible.
Applications will not be considered if they are sent electronically, so please complete the application forms remembering to include the required evidence and return them by post to:
Phoenix Children’s Foundation
Tel: 01530 382 116